A Chronicle of Things I Love and Things I Make

Things I Love and Things I Make


Saturday, January 28, 2012

The coolest person I ever met.


When I was in 5th grade, we travelled to Norway to trace my father's roots and I encountered the coolest person I'd ever met. I remember her bright yellow mini skirt, clean white shirt, great haircut, and tanned skin. We had the last name of "Røkke" in common, but not much else. Her name was Gro: she was a natural beauty, she was kind to a starry eyed 10-year old, and she was wearing a beaded necklace she had made herself. As a parting gift, she gave me a box full of multicolored seed beads, which I have to this day. It was the start of my love affair with beads.

Still saving these for something?!


Thanks Gro! (I’m still aspiring to your level of cool…)

Graphics Necklaces in the shop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted as soon as the blogger has a chance to review it.
Thanks!